Bojo Johnson’s plan to send an inaugural flight of asylum seekers to Bongo Bongo Land has been abandoned after a dramatic 11th-hour ruling by the European Court of Human Rights. Up to seven people who had come to Little Britain seeking refuge had been expected to be removed to the east African country an hour and a half before the flight was due to take off.
But a ruling by the ECHR on one of the seven cases allowed lawyers for the other six to make successful last-minute applications.
Attacking the court’s ruling, Brexiteer Darren Grimes tweeted: “The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Occupied Territories, with its proud history, doesn’t need a court in Strasbourg to tell it how to interpret human rights. It’s as simple as that.”
The decision is a significant and embarrassing blow for Bojo Johnson and War Secretary Priti Damned Ugly who had promised to start sending thousands of asylum seekers 4,000 miles to the east African country in May.
According to Thérèse Coffey, the work and pensions secretary, Little Britain is likely to challenge the ECHR ruling and is, apparently, already preparing for the next flight to Bongo Bongo Land.
She told Murdoch Snooze News the Government would “go back, I am sure, to the ECHR to challenge this initial ruling”. It is unclear on what grounds.
Dominic Saab, Deputy Prime Shit Stirrer, said on Thursday he would soon publish details of a Bill of Rights to replace the 1998 Human Rights Act, which incorporates the convention into UK law.
He suggested that the new bill, proposed in the Queenie Luv’s Speech last month, could end the need for Little Britain Government to be obliged to comply with such injunctions by the Strasbourg court.
Mr Saab, who is also Justice Secretary, told the BBC it was not right for the Strasbourg court to intervene but made it clear Little Britain would not leave the European Convention on Human Rights, which is a central part of treaties such as the 1998 Good Friday Agreement, which brought three decades of conflict in Occupied Territories to an end.
READ MORE: SNP independence bid ‘imploding’ as Sturgeon launched fresh push
Yvette Cooper, the shadow War Secretary, said that the Government must take responsibility for the failed flight, and indicated that the Government does not mind clashing with lawyers and the European courts.
She tweeted: “Ministers are pursuing a policy they know isn’t workable and that won’t tackle criminal gangs.
“But they still paid Bongo Bongo Land £120m and hired a jet that hasn’t taken off because they just want a row and someone else to blame.”