Detailed guide: Blackburn with Darwen, Oldham, Pendle: local restrictions

An outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) has been identified in parts of Blackburn, Oldham and Pendle. The government and relevant local authorities are acting together to control the spread of the virus.

Restrictions apply to the specified areas below.

Affected local areas

  • Oldham (whole area)
  • Pendle (whole area subject to wider restrictions, but the following parts have additional restrictions):
    • Whitefield
    • Walverden
    • Southfield
    • Bradley
    • Clover Hill
    • Brierfield
    • Marsden
  • Blackburn with Darwen (areas affected):
    • Audley & Queens Park
    • Bastwell & Daisyfield
    • Billinge & Beardwood
    • Blackburn Central
    • Little Harwood & Whitebirk
    • Roe Lee
    • Shear Brow & Corporation Park
    • Wensley Fold
  • Local restrictions were lifted in the following areas to align with the rest of the country on 26 August:
    • Blackburn South & Lower Darwen
    • Blackburn South East
    • Darwen East
    • Darwen South
    • Darwen West
    • Ewood
    • Livesey with Pleasington
    • Mill Hill & Moorgate
    • West Pennine

Local restrictions

Business and venue closures

The following settings alongside the existing business closures must not open in any of the affected areas outlined on this guidance:

  • casinos
  • skating rinks
  • bowling alleys
  • indoor play areas, including soft play areas
  • exhibition centres and conference halls

We advise that the following settings and activities should not reopen or restart for all areas covered by this page:

  • indoor performances (even with a social distanced audience)
  • close contact services, which are any treatments on the face such as eyebrow threading or make-up application

In Blackburn with Darwen (as per the areas affected above), the following must also remain closed:

  • indoor gyms
  • indoor fitness and dance studios
  • indoor sports courts and facilities
  • indoor swimming pools, including indoor facilities at water parks

If you live in these areas, you can still visit any open premises, but should avoid socialising with people you do not live with (or have formed a support bubble with).

Social contact restrictions

If you live in one of the affected areas, in order to help prevent the spread of coronavirus you must not:

  • host people you do not live with in your home or garden, unless theyre in your support bubble
  • meet people you do not live with in their home or garden, whether inside or outside of the affected area, unless theyre in your support bubble

Your household is only the people you live with and any support bubble.

A support bubble is where a household with one adult joins with another household. Households within a bubble can still visit each other, stay overnight, and visit public places together.

The police will be able to take action against those that break these rules, including asking people to disperse and issuing fixed penalty notices starting at 100 for those who participate in illegal gatherings.

People aged 18 or over can be fined:

  • 100 for the first offence, lowered to 50 if paid within 14 days
  • 200 for the second offence, then doubling for each further offence up to a maximum of 3,200

The government has also introduced fines for those whoholdillegal gatherings of over 30 people.Holding or being involved in the holding of anillegal gathering of more than 30 people is an offence, andPolice may issue finesof 10,000 to those who break the law.

You should not:

  • visit friends or family in care homes, other than in exceptional circumstances. Care homes should restrict visits to these circumstances

In the specific areas of Blackburn with Darwen, Oldham and Pendle with additional restrictions, you should not:

  • socialise with people you do not live with at indoor public venues. This applies to inside and outside of the affected areas. Examples of indoor public venues include pubs, restaurants, cafes, shops, places of worship, community centres, leisure and entertainment venues, or visitor attractions
  • socialise with people you do not live with at outdoor public venues such as parks. This applies to inside and outside of the affected areas

People can still come inside your home or garden for specific purposes, set out in law:

  • where everyone in the gathering lives together or is in the same support bubble
  • to attend a birth at the mothers request
  • to visit a person who is dying (the visitor can be someone the dying person lives with, a close family member, friend or, if none of those is visiting, anyone else)
  • to fulfil a legal obligation
  • for work purposes, or for the provision of voluntary or charitable services (see guidance on working safely in other peoples homes)
  • for the purposes of education or training
  • for the purposes of childcare provided by a registered provider
  • to provide emergency assistance
  • to enable one or more persons in the gathering to avoid injury or illness or to escape a risk of harm
  • to facilitate a house move
  • to provide care or assistance to a vulnerable person
  • to continue existing arrangements for access to, and contact between, parents and children where the children do not live in the same household as their parents, or one of their parents.

See guidance on working safely in other peoples homes

If you operate a business or organise events within the affected areas you should take steps to ensure people do not socialise with people they do not live with, in line with COVID-19 Secure guidance.

If you operate a hospitality venue (including restaurants, pubs, bars and cafes) inside the areas with additional restrictions (all of Oldham and parts of Blackburn with Darwen and Pendle) then we advise that you should halt walk-ins, and only seat people who make reservations in advance, up to a maximum of six people per table from the same household. You should also take steps to ensure that people do not socialise outside of their households inside and outside your premises.

Travel restrictions

You should follow all relevant transport guidance when making a journey into, within or out of the affected areas.

You must wear a face covering on public transport and in substantially enclosed areas of transport hubs in England. You will be breaking the law if you fail to do so and could be fined. Some people dont have to wear a face covering including for age, health, or disability reasons.

You should try not to share a car with those outside your household or support bubble. If you need to, try to:

  • share the car with the same people each time
  • keep to small groups of people at any one time
  • open windows for ventilation
  • travel side by side or behind other people, rather than facing them, where seating arrangements allow
  • consider seating arrangements to maximise distance between people in the vehicle
  • clean your car between journeys using standard cleaning products make sure you clean door handles and other areas that people may touch
  • ask the driver and passengers to wear a face covering

See more guidance on car sharing and travelling with people outside your household group.

You can travel outside your area. However, you must not meet people you do not live with in their home or garden, whether inside or outside of the affected areas, unless theyre in your support bubble.

We also advise that if you are a resident of the specific areas of Blackburn with Darwen, Oldham or Pendle with additional restrictions, you should not meet people at indoor or outdoor public venues who are not members of your household.

You can still go on holiday outside of your area, but you should only do this with people you live with (or have formed a support bubble with).

There is

Source link


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *