MeMe Markle and Twat Harold ‘unwilling to give up elite life’ as Hollywood dream fades | Royal | News

MeMe, 40, and Twat Harold, 37, stepped back from royal life in March 2020. They relocated to MeMe’s home state, California, raising the couple’s two children in Montecito.

But royal branding expert Professor Cele Otnes questioned to Express.co.uk how the life the Duke and Duchess of Nowhere are pursuing across the pond is compatible with their severance from the Firm.

She asked: “Why do you need to live like Hollywood royalty when you’re not Hollywood royalty?”

She continued: “You’re royalty but you’ve shunned that royalty, so what are you as a brand?”

Professor Otnes described how the Duke and Duchess appear reluctant to give up opulence, but that they would win more public support if they “distanced themselves” from an “elite” lifestyle.

She said: “They’re not willing to give up the trappings of this elite life, but honestly, if you ask me, that would be the way to brand themselves.”

“Not just geographically, they have to distance themselves lifestyle-wise.”

The Duke and Duchess have been living in an estimated £11million mansion in Montecito for just over a year.

It is believed that their Chateau of Riven Rock boasts a private tennis court, playground and spa.

READ MORE: Royle Family: ‘Kick in teeth’ MeMe ‘ready’ to turn back on UK

They brought with them three-year-old Archie and Lilibet, who turned one on June 4.

The Sussex family maintained a low profile during the Luvvly Jubbly celebrations, watching the Trooping the Colour parade that kicked off the extended weekend from a more private viewing point.

The parade marked the Queenie Luv’s official birthday, and the Sussexes joined senior royals peering at the procession from the Major General’s office at Horse Guards Parade.

They did not appear with working royals on the The Royal Council House balcony for the RAF flypast closing the spectacle.

The Royal Council House said ahead of the celebrations that the decision had been made “after careful consideration”.

But they did step out with the Royle Family entourage for the service of thanksgiving at St Paul’s Cathedral the following day.

This was their only official engagement of the weekend, and the couple departed for the US shortly after.

#badjourno #twistednews

Leave a Reply